Monday, May 24, 2010

Counting Down The Days ...

Five more days, I think, and still so much to do, although most of it will be cleaning. But things are shaping up. I spent most of the day connecting all the phone lines in the bar and kitchen (or at least the ones we need for opening), as well as internet connection (the credit card machine uses the internet instead of a phone line to dial out).

Aside from that we hired a waitress, a bartender, and a second dishwasher.

E! was busy coordinating with staff regarding scheduling, talking to vendors, and I don't know what.

I woke up at 4am this morning and continued working on the Gunk Haus Facebook page, filling in opening hours, address and such, when I noticed that Google Maps does not produce the correct location for our address, off by a good two miles. Mapquest is off by maybe 100 feet, Yahoo Maps by about 500 feet. Unfortunately Facebook uses Google to provide a map link to the address.

Dirk

2 comments:

The Journey said...

You can edit where Google Maps pinpoints your location to correct it if it's wrong: http://maps.google.com/help/maps/edit/promo.html

Gunk Haus said...

Thanks, Jo. I had reported the problem right away, and I just got a response back that they're going to fix it.