Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Plumbing ...

Don't worry, it's not martini night. It wasn't that kind of plumbing, but it could have been, had I run the 150 feet of water line with copper piping. Nobody does that anymore these days, or do you?! No, PEX is the answer. It's the untrained home renovator's friend.

I had to run two lines of water from the water heater to the dish washer in the dish station. The dish washer is a high heat dish washer, and needs 180°F hot water as input. In order to get the water that hot, we'll crank up the water heater to let's say 140°F and run a circulating hot water line (this guarantees instant hot water, and hence the two lines instead of just one) to the dish washer, where a booster heater will heat up the water to the target temperature.

Because the water heater is now set to a temperature that could lead to scalding were you to open up the hot water at a faucet, we also need to install a mixing valve, which will mix the hot water going to bathrooms with cold water to chill it down to less dangerous temperatures.

But why am I telling you all that, I'm sure you've done this many a times. Oh, you haven't?! Your head is spinning?! Need a martini?

Dirk

17 comments:

Unknown said...

The Institute of Plumbing, Australia recommends that you consider these qualities before you hire an emergency plumber for your home. If your hired plumber has the above qualities, you will save a lot of money and time. This is because a good plumber will ensure that he/ she does a good job for you. Repair Leaking Pipes Florida

Unknown said...

The Institute of Plumbing, Australia recommends that you consider these qualities before you hire an emergency plumber for your home. If your hired plumber has the above qualities, you will save a lot of money and time. This is because a good plumber will ensure that he/ she does a good job for you. Repair Leaking Pipes Florida

Robert said...


This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.
אורי האינסטלטור

Anna Schafer said...

Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. Plombier Beloeil

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! Hollywood FL Plumber

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. Commercial boiler service

Flack Jhonsan said...

Best work you have done, this online website is really cool with great facts. αποφραξεις

James harper said...

Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. How manifold valves works

Perkins Thomas said...

Thanks for your beyond belief blogs stuff.wordpress blog

Unknown said...

The quality of plumbing system is also important for the durability of the building as a bad drainage or leaking water can damage the building quite before its useful life as per design. Plumbing Contractors Burlington Ontario

Robert said...

Thanks for another wonderful post. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing? see this website

Angie Spuzak said...

Bundles of thanks for providing such kind of blogs with the informative and impressive articles.
quadrant shower cabins

Unknown said...

Why pay for a plumber when you can learn to do many plumbing tasks yourself! One of the most important functions of a home or property is its plumbing system Plombier Urgence Beloeil

Eliza Beth said...

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. Plombier Saint-Hyacinthe

Eliza Beth said...

Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here... Qiu Qiu

Eliza Beth said...

Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. Plombier Châteauguay, QC

Unknown said...

I love this blog because it is user friendly with appreciative information.
Dispose The Garbage