Monday, October 27, 2008

Sold(i)er Up ...

I don't know, but ever since AL left us, things don't seem to be as exciting around here anymore. Quit whining, Dirk, soldier up.

I finished prepping for cutting the second floor heat tomorrow. I said cutting, not cutting off, mind. The problem with the second floor heat is that its supply pipes run exposed in the publicly accessible areas, which I don't like. I don't need a lawsuit, because someone burns himself on a 180°F (82°C) hot water pipe. So I ran some PEX tubing inside the walls, where they are out of sight, and out of touch.

To tie the PEX into the existing piping I had to solder up a few pieces of copper today, can you feel the excitement?


Whenever I do interrupt a working system, I like to do this first thing in the morning, and reserve the whole day, in case something goes wrong, and I need to get more parts. Thing is, it is supposed to get really cold on Wednesday, and I would like the heat to be working then.

While I'm at it, I rearranged the heat on the second floor to put most heat into the bedroom and the bathroom. If you don't know how baseboard radiant loops work, just believe me that I am making things better than they are today.

Now, if you think it is taking us a little too long already fixing this place up, well, here's a picture of our neighbors Lisa and Larry. Granted, they are building a house from scratch, which is actually somewhat easier than fixing up an existing place, but they are doing most of the work themselves, just like us. Nevertheless, they have been working on it longer already, and they will still be working on it when we are already open for business. So, don't complain about us taking our sweet time, it could be worse.


Dirk

1 comment:

时间 said...

0810jejeLes deux chaussures asics gel nimbus 17 soldes utilisent un caoutchouc solide à chevrons autour de [url=http://www.williamleday.fr/asics-chaussures-homme-ville]asics chaussures homme ville[/url] la semelle extérieure. Il y chaussure enfant nike air max 95 a beaucoup de magasins qui prospèrent encore [url=http://www.besthitswebradio.fr/air-jordan-4-chaussures]Air Jordan 4 Chaussures[/url] dans la rue supérieure, malgré l'économie obligeant nike homme benassi certaines entreprises à fermer, laissant le [url=http://www.williamleday.fr/adidas-zx-flux-prism-multicolor-pas-cher]adidas zx flux prism multicolor pas cher[/url] magasin vide. À ce jour, la plupart basket nike air presto homme des gens ont été témoins des [url=http://www.zigzagproduction.fr/air-jordan-horizon-femme]air jordan horizon femme[/url] publicités à la télévision pour ce Jack Jupiter.