Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Vinyl ...

We were installing vinyl cove molding in the dish station and the kitchen today, not that we're particularly thrilled about that, but the health department has some requirements regarding cleanability, and the vinyl is a cheap and easy way to satisfy the (wanna-be) gods at the health department.

Did I say easy? I meant pain in the buttocks!!! Just look at this picture.


This isn't a Joseph Beuys installation, it is the desperate attempt to keep the vinyl up on the wall!!! But when it's all done, it sure looks pretty ...


... and after you put some furniture in front of it, nobody cares anymore that you wasted an entire day on that @$%#$!!!


By the way, I was soooo happy this evening to have the sink back in place, and be able to do dishes. I don't want to create the impression that I live for doing dishes, and it isn't actually about the dishes, but having the sink out of the kitchen again, and not having to go to the bathroom to get water or attempt to wash your mug in the hand sink.

Nick, our super duper pooper scooper septic system excavooter, installed the first leech field lateral today. That is exciting.


Dirk

3 comments:

lindaingeborg said...

Not particularly thrilled!?!? I know you're not talking about me cause I am ecstatic about vinyl cove molding. Very funny post in general! Congrats on having parts of your kitchen back!

Linda

Gunk Haus said...

For our next restaurant I'll keep you in mind, and because you're so ecstatic I might consider putting up the vinyl cove molding on the ceiling and corners as well ... ;-)

Unknown said...

2018411 leilei3915
kate spade outlet
mulberry outlet
pandora outlet
pandora outlet
ugg boots
cheap jordans
pandora outlet
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet canada
polo shirts