Thursday, February 4, 2010

Side By Side ...

Whenever I start a blog post, there is so much I want to say (ok, there are days I wish I had a lot of exciting pictures, and I wouldn't have to write a single word), but then I don't know how to start, can't seem to get to the point, get lost in other thoughts, and at the end feel like I didn't write down what I wanted to say.

So here are a few things I want to say today: Thank you for you reading this blog, daily, weekly, monthly, doesn't matter. Thank you for leaving comments (I LOVE comments). Thank you for your encouragement.

I have been somewhat down lately, but quite frankly, after two years of working on Gunk Haus I am showing signs of deterioration, my batteries are shot, my nerves lie blank, and I am easily aggravated. But the stress will not diminish until we are open (granted, there will be new stress from running Gunk Haus, but that's another story).

Anyhow, it was a good day, it was a plastering day, and we got work done. The western half of the beer hall is almost entirely plastered (there's a small piece missing, because I was blocking it with the scaffold, being high up in the air, plastering a wall).

I am definitely getting better at it. While Jack was busy finishing up a wall, I already started slapping the mud up on a different wall. This is so different from when we plastered the Stube ceiling, Jack was pretty much doing the entire ceiling, and I tried to keep up.

Off to the picture section, which you all love. I apologize that they aren't the greatest, I am not a good photographer (a big thank you goes to Pat for giving us her old camera, without which this blog wouldn't be possible, at least the picture section).




Dirk

7 comments:

HiHo said...

it's looking great!!
I posted today too. I know what you mean, I lose my way in the words sometimes too and you know most just want the photos anyway.However I do get a great feeling of a accomplishment when I do get the post on the page with the content I intended. Happens about one out of every four times...lol. HHH

Gia said...

I can't wait to get plastered at the GUNKHAUS, too!!! HA HA HA !!!!

Chris Lopez said...

Awesome Job, I live in the neighborhood and drive by everyday. Can't wait to spend some money at your place.

Gunk Haus said...

Heidi, I read your blog post already (it sounds like you had fun at the show), and it seems you wrote just what you intended to, whereas I got lost from the first sentence on in this post (I was going to write about working together with Jack, and that I am usually a soloist and stuff; maybe next time).

Don't worry, Gia, we'll have just the right drink for you: A Black Forest Martini (OK, I still have to work out the exact composition, but it will be spectacular).

Thanks, Slam Goody, we LOVE money ... ;-)

chenlina said...

michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
cheap jordan shoes
ugg outlet
coach outlet
polo ralph lauren
abercrombie and fitch
tiffany and co
fitflops sale clearance
coach outlet
chenlina20161024

Anonymous said...

grosir tas murah relatif terjangkau dengan harga yang relatif terjangkau grosir tas dan handbag murah melayani pembelian dalam partai besar belanja online bisa kirim seluruh indonesia reseller
tas kipling original welcome handbag online murah tas branded murah tas branded kw superbreak belanja 2015 05 handbag online murah supplier handbag murah grosir handbag murah handbag
toko tas ransel wanita bandung eceran toko handbag online retail limited expor impor olahraga sport gym running futsal indor gunung hiking sepeda a steel toe boot also known as a hitler boot steel capped boot or
tote bag kanvas murah safety shoe is a durable boot or shoe that has a protective reinforcement indonesia the toe which toko online handbag wanita terbaru by andina nabila irvani jual high heels pusat grosir
tas cath kidston original tas sekolah murah berkualitas dan terpercaya jualyang menjual beragam tas sekolah untuk anak anda pusat grosir tas sekolah murah berkualitas dan terpercaya menjual berbagai tas
toko tas sekolah anak murah sekolah sd smp sma dan kuliah dengan harga murah dan dijamin berkualitas grosir fashion online dan aksesoris korea grosir fashion online distributor tas batam utama fashion
tas ransel kanvas wanita aksesoris import dipercaya lebih dari 24rb wanita cantik dan toko yang tersebar di tanah abang asemka mangga dua dan trade centre lain dari jakarta hingga papua store wanita
grosir tote bag tali sumbu cantik online shop toko sling bag online jual sling bag female store store toko sling bag online dan wanita cantik online terbesar di indonesia toko fashion yg menyediakan berbagai

Unknown said...

jordan shoes
chrome hearts
paul george shoes
nhl jerseys
coach factory outlet
yeezy boost 350 v2
supreme hoodie
jordan 1 off white
supreme clothing
cheap mlb jerseys