Thursday, February 18, 2010

Transitional Flooring ...

As I had occupied the kitchen for the last two days to do some wiring, there wasn't any test cooking going on. Today it felt like E! wanted to make up for it, and started cooking away: Chocolate-filled pretzels (this time with a lighter dough), quark spaetzle (they were very light, yet had a good chew factor; I loved them), potato dumplings (which potato makes the better dumpling, Idaho or Yukon? we felt it was the Yukon), smoked gouda croquettes, and I can't remember what else.

Our place was like a bee hive today. There was a constant coming and going, family, friends, contractors, and the Easter Bunny. Subsequently, I didn't get much done, but I managed to fill in the flooring between the bar and beer hall ...


... and the bar and wait station.


Before the day was over I started another flooring project, which is next to the bathrooms. The hole in the floor has been there ever since we demolished the men's bathroom, which had occupied the space before we started renovations.


All I did was install a subfloor in preparation for the oak flooring. Speaking of installing hardwood flooring. Jack generously had lent us his manual floor nailer, but it didn't take me long to realize that it won't work for me: The *beep* *beep* *beep* and *beep* *beep*, you had to *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*, and *beep* *beep* *beep*. To make it short, I'm going to get myself a pneumatic nailer.


One of the bees in the hive today was Joe, our security system meister. With most of the plaster on the walls, he started installing strobe lights and pull stations for the fire alarm.


Dirk

2 comments:

Health is Wealth said...

Kids Modeling
Kids Portfolio in Chandigarh
Kids fashion shows in Chandigarh
Baby shows in Chandigarh

George said...

The following time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I know it was my choice to learn, but I actually thought youd have one thing fascinating to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you may fix should you werent too busy searching for attention. https://www.elpasostainedconcrete.com/