Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Give Me Something To Write About ...

In case you ever wondered how I come up with the titles of my posts, well, usually they are based on movie or song titles, catchy phrases from commercials, idioms, or actual descriptions of what happened that day. Often I play with the words a tad bit, because I like that.

Today's title is derived from a song of the musical episode of the TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, which I am totally hooked on (we are currently watching all seven seasons, again!).

This brings me to the last two days, which haven't seen a post on this blog. To make it short, I was not in my happy place. I felt like Buffy at the end of season 5 where she retreats into her mind, physically present, but mentally completely absent.

I have mentioned before that the last two and a half years have taken a chunk out of my life, but sometimes it all comes crushing down, and the Dirkster retreats to a place where no one can go. I do not apologize, nor am I ashamed of letting you in on my dark times, because life can't always be on the up and up. If you feel yours is, please contact me, because I want the drugs your using ... ;-)

Subsequently, not much happened the last two days. Today was different. Jeff, our freeze miser, aka air condition meister, was back today to connect the refrigerant lines of the A/C compressor and air handler. There was a lot of blow torching close to highly flammable material, that would have freaked my out for a week, were I to do it.

While Jeff was trying to burn down the place, I tried to electrocute myself, NOT!!! I was working on hooking up the electrical for the air condition, which isn't a big deal, except when you stand in front of the big breaker panel (about my height), with a lot of places you don't want to touch, unless you like the smell of burned flesh.

So I took my sweet time, but as they say: Better safe than sorry.

Dirk

4 comments:

J Bird said...

We've got your back, neighbor. I know I'm not just speaking for myself when I say that I'm grateful for the amazingly hard work you guys have been putting in on this project. Add the fact that you keep up a great story-telling patter all the while and that's just mind-boggling. You totally rock, and we love you for it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe these will help get your happy on...

Buffy Quotes:

“Dawn, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's unbelievably important. You should eat breakfast at least three times a day.” (Buffy)
“Stop touching my magic bone!” (Jonathan)
“Over my dead body! ...the kind that doesn't come back.” (Buffy)
“I've got a theory, it could be bunnies.” (Anya)
“Kiss rocks? Why would anyone want to kiss...oh, wait. I get it.” (Willow)
“Let me get this straight: you think I'm evil if I take a group of teenage girls on a camping trip and I DON'T touch them?” (Giles)
“Respect the cruller, and tame the doughnut!” (Xander)

Whedon Quotes:
“Buffy loves Angel. He loves her. And I love Ho Hos.”
“Always be yourself... unless you suck.”

lindaingeborg said...

Yes! What J said!!! You are making Clintondale like the coolest place to live on the planet and your hard work is appreciated by everyone here and for miles and miles. And miles. Around!!!

James harper said...

A portable fish finder has other benefits too. They are light-weight and simple to use. Plus they let you use a fish finder in eventualities where you will not be able to employ a fixed one. Dissertation Proofreading Services UK