Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Excitement Is Building Up ...

You remember I told you about the structural work we need to have done in the bar. We had solicited bids, we received three, and chose one (the cheapest).

Well, this morning I got up early, because the contractor wanted to come by and take measurements. They were late, but they made it before breakfast. They measured, they left, they came back, the measured again: How about Thursday? Yeah, baby, that's what I'm talking about!!!

As good as this sounds it also means, that I need to get a lot of prep work done, before they get here. The first task, which kept me busy for the rest of the day, was to pour a concrete footing for a column, which will support the new I-beam, which will support the second floor.


E!, meanwhile, started clearing the bar area, which until now was our tool and material storage.

Despite all the work that's still ahead for tomorrow, Thursday will be an exciting day. Wait for it ...

Dirk

No comments: